Free Online Courses From the World’s Top Universities
- Are you enrolled in a particular degree program but wish you could take classes in many other areas outside your field of study?
- Have you graduated from a University or College and want to supplement your learning with additional courses, certificates or post-graduate programs?
- Do you simply love learning and would like to take some classes that sound interesting?
Look no further! Before spending thousands of dollars going back to school the traditional way, check out some of the FREE online courses offered by Coursera. Coursera is an education company that was started by two Computer Science Professors from Stanford University.
Partnering Universities & Colleges
The company has partnerships with more than 100 of the top Universities, Colleges, and organizations in the world, to bring you a variety of online courses that are open and available to anyone, anywhere! Their goal is to enable their educational partners to reach millions of people around the world, as opposed to hundreds of students in a classroom setting.
If you would like to get additional education for free, join over 5 million students from 190 countries, and take advantage of hundreds of free classes being offered by world renowned educational institutions such as Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, Berklee School of Music, University of Toronto & University of British Columbia… just to name a few. More institutions continue to join Coursera every month, so keep a look-out.
Courses being offered
Over 500 courses are offered in many different disciplines including Business, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Science, Engineering, Arts, Social Science , Medicine, Music, Film, Computer Programming, Law, Teacher Professional Development … and many more.
According to the website, the classes offered are ‘designed to help you master the material’ without having to spend a penny of course. There are many benefits to taking one of the classes offered:
- Watch lectures taught by world-class professors
- Learn at your own pace & on your own time
- Test your knowledge with optional quizzes, assignments & projects
- Reinforce learned concepts through interactive exercises & interact with classmates around the world through discussion forums
- And now, you also have the option of getting an official printed certificate from the institution.
With tuition costs rising, and the popularity and availability of free education rising also, how can you go wrong?